NFPA is the most widely used standard in the world, with the heaviest conditions especially in pump systems. Almost all technological systems in our country are designed according to NFPA standards, especially automatic fire extinguishers such as automatic sprinklers , indoor fire cabinets and outdoor hydrant systems. As a general rule for the integrity, if a system is designed according to the standard, the performance characteristics of the products to be used in that system must conform to the same standard. In the reverse case, it is inevitable that there is a discrepancy between the design and the product. As MAS YP Series pumps are NFPA compliant, they can be used in full compliance with water fire extinguishing systems designed in accordance with NFPA standards (automatic sprinklers, indoor fire cabinets, off-site hydrants, dominant spraying and foam systems).
What is NFPA 20?
Several NFPA standards:
- NFPA 13 D, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One-and Two-Family Dwellings and Munufactured Homes.
- NFPA 13 R, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in ResidentialOccupancies up to and Including Four Stories in Height.
- NFPA 14, Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems.
- NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Centrifigal Fire Pump.
- NFPA 22, Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection.
- NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water- Based Fire Protection .
- NFPA 30, Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA 96, Standard on Ventilation Control & Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations.
- NFPA 231, Standard for General Storage.
- NFPA 231 C, Standard for Rack Storage of Materials.
- NFPA 231 D, Standard for Storage of Rubber Tires
- NFPA 231 F, Standard for the Storage of Roll Paper
NFPA 20 (Standard for the Installation of centrifugal Fire Pumps) is the NFPA standard for fire pumps; fire pumps and pump groups, engine control systems and the necessary side elements to be used.
What is UL / FM?
What is UL?
Underwriters Laboratories is an independent certification body that sets standards for product reliability and tests the reliability of products under these standards. UL 19000 certifies more than one product. More than 20 million UL-marked products of 7200 manufacturers are used annually in the world. With 64 test laboratories in the UL98 countries, we provide testing and certification services to our customers. UL has a number of inland standards such as building materials, lighting, fire systems.
UL has been working on testing and reliability of products for over 100 years. UL testing and certification services offer advantages for manufacturers and users of fire prevention systems.There is a UL product guide on the site. This guide lists the companies authorized to use UL and contains important information for document regulators, building owners and insurance companies.
What is FM?
FM (Factory Mutual) is an independent technical entity that certifies performance of materials and systems by FMI (Factory Mutual Insurance), which insures private and major risks.
FM approval for fire pumps is given taking into consideration NFPA 20 requirements. However, as there are some requirements beyond NFPA20, FM approval is known as the highest grade product quality approval, which is the most difficult condition between fire pumps and environmental approvals.
You can also search for the following information:
- UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories) ,
- ULC (Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada),
- ECB (European Certification Bureau),
- Activfire Listed,
- ABS (American Bureau of Shipping),
- MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency),…